It’s normal to be apprehensive of online casinos, especially if you’re a newbie on online gaming. After all, the online realm can be pretty wild - it’s easy to fall into scams, compromise the safety of your data and in the worst scenarios, get into impulse betting trying to recover losses. That’s why it’s crucial to sign up with regulated gaming platforms like eCOGRA Casinos.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy online casino then an eCOGRA seal should be a mark of assurance that you’re treanding on safe grounds.
What does it mean if a casino has an eCOGRA seal?
eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA) is an independent jurisdiction body that tests online casinos to ensure fairness, safety, and security to gamers across the globe. The testing agency was established in 2003 and it’s based in the UK.Now, if you see the eCOGRA seal on a casino that simply means you have an added layer of protection. The seal helps you spot casinos that have taken extra measures to protect their players and become a trusted brand. There are two accreditations offered by eCOGRA:
- Safe and Fair seal
- eCOGRA Certified Software Seal
Any online casino that bears the Safe and Fair seal is considered to be legit, promotes responsible gaming behaviors, offers players fair gameplay, and generally has helpful services that protect the players. Remember to check out the best online casinos available at this link. Each of them is licensed and trusted.
eCOGRA Certified Software Seal, on the other hand, is obtained by software developers who go through intense and in-depth software testing.
Roles of eCOGRA Testing Agency
- Protecting vulnerable gamers – besides addressing the grievances tabled by online gamers, eCOGRA has the responsibility of protecting vulnerable players from exploitation. For instance, the agency ensures that all the casinos have ‘exclude’ features in place to keep addicted players in control.
- Preventing underage gaming – although this may differ from one country to another, the standard age is set at 18 years. This agency ensures that all the certified casinos provide a vetting process to ascertain the age of the new players. That’s why you may be required to upload some official documents like ID or passport before your account is verified.
- Tackling fraudulent behaviors – a few years back, online casinos were notorious with fraudulent and criminal offenses such as money laundering. eCOGRA regularly audits the accounts in online casinos to make sure the money being transacted is legit. If a casino exceeds the limit, questions are raised regarding the source of the money.
- Privacy and information/data protection – eCOGRA casinos must make sure their site is safe for players. This includes providing reputable payment options to gamers.
- Responsible and accurate marketing – with thousands of online casinos sprouting each passing day, the competition is understandably tough and this calls for some top-notch marketing if a new casino would have a chance of surviving.
For this reason, some casinos may give false promises such as mouth-watering bonuses but fail to fulfill part of their bargain once you’ve signed up with them.
eCOGRA evaluates the marketing tactics used to make sure new players don’t fall for fake incentives.
eGAP standards requirements for online casinos
The list of requirements that online casinos need to uphold in order to meet the eGAP standards is pretty long. The sites need responsible gaming pages that include:
- Information pointing out the dangers of excessive gambling
- Guidelines on how gambling addicts can access help
- Self-assessment for players to evaluate their gambling behavior
- A checklist of the protection measures put in place to minimize excessive gambling
- Casino operators are required to have a thorough knowledge of responsible gaming behaviors
- Implement Anti-money laundering measures
Advantages of playing in eCOGRA Casinos
eCOGRA makes sure that all the certified casinos have RNG (Random Number Generator) installed in their software and this gives gamblers a fair chance to win.
Additionally, casinos are required to display information regarding the RTP on each game’s description. This percentage shows players the likelihood to win on a particular game.
- Fairness – online gamers are well aware that the house always has an upper hand in most games. However, players find comfort in knowing that they stand a chance to win. It’s motivating to know that the games you’re planning to wager on aren’t rigged deliberately or otherwise.
- Security – one of the major concerns as far as online gaming goes is security. You want to make sure that you sign up in a casino where both your money and data is safe. For a casino to be accredited with the Safe and Fair seal from eCOGRA, the site must provide enough safety for the players.
- Top-notch game developers – if you sign up with a certified casino, you can expect an excellent gaming experience. After all, renowned gaming developers are unlikely to cooperate with a substandard gaming platform.
- You can report a casino if anything goes wrong – eCOGRA casinos give players some sort of cushion because they can file a complaint against the casino if their worries go unanswered.
Basically, eCOGRA will act as a neutral mediator if a dispute between a casino operator and a player materializes. If you reach out to a casino and they fail to address your issue, you can go to the official page of eCOGRA and file a dispute.
In most cases, a reputable casino will settle your problem instantly to avoid an escalation that can lead to the revocation of their certificate.
How to know a Casino is eCOGRA Certified
Most certified casinos will flaunt their licenses on their home page. So, it’s super easy to check out a casino’s certificate status if it’s displaying either the Safe and Fair seal or the eCOGRA logo. All you need to do is navigate to the bottom of a casino’s homepage where you’ll find fine prints and most probably a couple of logos.
If that particular casino is certified by eCOGRA, then you’ll see a logo that you can click on to dig deeper into the certificate’s specifics. Sites with the eCOGRA logo go through the most rigorous vetting process to make sure they’re safe and fair. This gives you a guarantee that you get what you see and lowers any chances of landing on a shady site.
- Most Famous Land-Based Casinos in Australia
- India's Top 6 Best Casinos in Goa
- Canadian Land Based Casinos - Top 5 Casino Resorts
- Most Famous Land Based Casinos in New Zealand
- Most Famous Land-Based Casinos in South Africa
- Most Famous Land Based Casinos in Nigeria
- The 5 Best Philippines Casino Resorts of 2019
- Guide to Land Based Casinos in Scotland